- This full-time position is a contract position lasting for 13-16 weeks under the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Candidates must be returning to school in the fall of 2021.
Thinking of a career in Non-Profit Management or Social Services? Join our Team!
Beth Sholom Synagogue is seeking a Administrative Assistant (Summer Student) to join our team during the busy membership renewal and High Holy Day season (June – August). The Administrative Assistant will report to the Membership and High Holy Day Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in membership renewal and High Holy Day administration
- Processing credit cards for membership renewal, donations, etc
- Data entry, data clean-up, and database management
- Front-facing customer service to members and High Holy Day guests
- Marketing and event planning, including some fundraising (depends on current COVID guidelines)
- Work with youth and participation with our summer camp, if appropriate
- General administrative assistance to staff
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be a fast learner, well-organized and detail-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and have a strong work ethic.
Required computer skills: Proficient in a Windows/Microsoft Office-based environment, Excel, and a cloud-based CRM-database system. Knowledge of the Jewish community, Jewish ritual, history and customs, and the Hebrew language would be a tremendous asset.
** Currently work will be done remotely as per the health and safety guidelines issued by the Government of Ontario. Updates in working conditions may shift to accommodate expanded guidelines. The health and safety of all members, volunteers, and staff remain the top priority.
This full-time position is a contract position lasting for 13-16 weeks under the Canada Summer Jobs program. Candidates must be returning to school in the fall of 2021.
Interested candidates should email their resume to: Stephanie@bethsholom.net by noon on Friday, May 28. Please cite “Summer Student Administrative Assistant” in the subject of the email.
This position may be filled prior to the deadline if an appropriate candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.