UJA Federation of Greater Toronto is one of Canada’s leading local philanthropies, with a century long history of strengthening the Jewish community in Toronto, across Canada and around the world. UJA Federation is a dynamic organization committed to the professional development of its employees.
Since 2000, UJA Federation’s Tomorrow Campaign has created three hubs of Jewish life – in downtown and mid-town Toronto, and in York Region – to ensure there is sufficient infrastructure to support the programmatic, social and fitness needs of Toronto’s vibrant and thriving Jewish population. Once complete, the infrastructure will be animated by programs and services funded by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.
Reports to: Operations & Stewardship Manager, Capital Development
We are seeking a highly resourceful, positive and proactive individual with superior interpersonal skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and a knack for anticipating the needs of others. This is both a facilitative and administrative role requiring a high degree of emotional intelligence, political acumen and accountability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, room bookings, meeting logistics, payment requisitions, mass mailings, meeting minutes and electronic filing
- Prepare, send, and track donor invoices, tax receipts and thank you letters to major gift donors, ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Process payments and follow-up with outstanding accounts
- Prepare, format, and proofread meeting materials such as: agendas, reports, presentations, advertisements, and proposals
- Update and maintain donor and gift recognition data in a CRM
- Provide logistical support for donor stewardship events, site tours, and large-scale community events.
- Provide front-line customer service for internal and external stakeholders, including donors and volunteers, to address inquiries and resolve issues tactfully in a timely manner
- Assist with writing and editing general correspondence
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or other post-secondary education
- 2+ years in an administrative role
- Detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
- Flexible, collaborative, and possess a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic with ability and skills to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability/willingness to learn new software programs
- High degree of respect for confidentiality and ethical practices
Classification: Level 5, Union Position. Full-time, permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, quoting REF# AA-TOM-454 no later than March 21 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.