Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving JK-Grade 8 Jewish day school educating over 1,300 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a unique Jewish mission with academic excellence.
We are seeking two highly motivated and organized Administrative Assistants to become part of the teams at our Himel Branch in Vaughan and at our Viewmount Branch in midtown Toronto.
These are full-time positions, starting towards the end of the summer/early September.
- Reporting to the respective Branch Principal and the Executive Director, these self-motivated individuals will:
- Be on the frontline to provide reception duties
- Use their strong customer service skills to represent the school as the first point of contact for parents, students, staff, guests and vendors
- Assist the students with logistical issues, minor first aid and emotional support
- Perform general reception and office duties including maintaining filing systems and electronic records
- Work cooperatively with other front office staff to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Prepare routine correspondence, forms and reports
- Provide administrative support to the Branch Principal, Vice Principals and other staff members as required
Qualities and Skills
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional manner, with customer service skills, to represent the school as the first point of contact for parents, students, staff, guests and vendors
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- Empathy for, and the ability to relate to children
- The ability to manage sensitive interpersonal situations and confidential information with tact, discretion and judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage logistics for the school’s daily schedule and annual calendar
- A college diploma or undergraduate degree
- Three to five years’ work experience
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel and data entry
- Customer service experience or experience working in a school setting is an asset
- Spoken Hebrew and/or Russian are considered helpful
- A police background check will be required.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by August 6, 2021. In the subject line, please include “Administrative Assistant.” We appreciate and thank you for your application. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.