Founded in 1962, the Harry Bronfman Y Country Camp (YCC) is a residential summer camp with a tradition of offering a warm, family atmosphere. The YCC offers a full range of activities and outstanding facilities to over 500 campers every summer. We provide versatile programming in a Jewish ambiance ensuring an unforgettable summer experience for all who attend. The YCC is located in the beautiful Laurentian Mountains, north of the city of Montreal, and is a branch of the YM-YWHA Ben Weider Jewish Community Centre (JCC) of Montreal.
The Assistant Director oversees a wide range of services and programs as they relate to the facilities, administration, operation, and programming. Some remote work is an option for this position.
Reports to: YCC Camp Director
Direct Reports: 5 - 7 camp supervisors
Description of mandate:
- Works with the Director to implement a recruiting and retention plan. Meets and communicates with new and returning families.
- Partners with schools and other community organizations to set-up information booths and generate interest in YCC.
- Assists in the promotion of YCC through a variety of marketing channels, tools and initiatives.
- Works with the Y marketing department to manage the presence and activity on social and digital networks.
- Oversees the design and implementation of camp programs and special events (Theme days, Inter-Camps, Jewish programming etc.)
- Organizes and coordinates various on and off site camp programs throughout the year (unit and camp reunions, retreats, supervisory shabbatons, and week-end camps).
- Promotes and coordinates all aspects of rental retreats to schools and companies.
- Supports the Director in managing the budget and maintaining revenue expectations. Assists in the recruitment, hiring, training and the evaluation of staff.
- Ensures health and safety standards are followed in relation to camper’s care, food service, and facility maintenance.
- Attends camp management committee meetings.
- Assists in the day to day administration and operations of the camp related to facilities and general maintenance.
- University degree in Business, Recreation and Leisure Management, Education, Social Work or equivalent work experience.
- 4-5 years of experience, some of which took place in a summer camp environment.
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills (social media, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Excellent verbal and written skills, in both French and English
- Strong work ethics and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a member of a team and solution-oriented
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings and to reside at YCC during the summer
Application process: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter to the Human Resources Department, by email at: HRsearch@ymywha.com.