Do you love working with children? Do you have experience working with children? Are you staying home this Winter Break? Do you want to earn above minimum wage extra money and get some great work experience on your resume?
We have winter break contract positions at our 2 state-of-the-art daycares – Schwartz/Reisman Centre (SRC) located in Vaughan, Bathurst/Rutherford and the Prosserman Jewish Community Centre (PJCC) located in North York, Bathurst/Sheppard.
The J’s Vision & Purpose:
At our core, we believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub that is welcoming to all and based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel.
What We Do:
From daycare to seniors' programs, fitness to recreation, Jewish learning to holiday celebrations, and everything in between, the J provides life-changing programs infused with Jewish values that inspire and enrich our members and provide a best-in-class experience.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and Israel and/or willingness to learn.
- Excellent English language skills: oral communication, writing, reading.
- Hebrew proficiency an asset but not required.
- Valid within last 6 months Vulnerable Sector Police Check, Child abuse registry check, Immunization records, TB clearance, Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-3.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships with parents, co-workers and children.
- A positive “can-do" approach, solutions-based problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Punctual, responsible and dependable.
- Available for 8-hour shifts @ PJCC and 9-hour shifts @SRC between 7:30 Am-6:00 Pm. If your availability is less than 8/9 hours, please state your specific availability in your application.
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume via e-mail to: email@example.com no later than November 26, 2020. New RECE graduates welcome. Please clearly state the position title in your cover letter/email.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only be contacting candidates we wish to interview.