This role is a one-year contract position.
Bialik Hebrew Day School is a thriving Jewish day school educating over 1,300 students at two branches in the GTA. Bialik’s success has been built on a program that blends a uniquely relevant Jewish mission with academic excellence.
Bialik seeks a creative, energetic Communications Officer, with a love of storytelling, experience in social media and in email marketing.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, and as a member of the dynamic Advancement team, the Communications Officer will be a communications generalist who is flexible and able to work collaboratively in the current evolving environment. The Communications Officer will assist in implementing Bialik’s marketing and communications strategies, including the promotion of the school’s development and admissions programs, effectively conveying the school’s brand to internal and external audiences.
- Work with the MARCOM team to implement Bialik’s communications strategies and plans
- Write, create and distribute email marketing and event materials
- Tell the school’s stories by creating and posting relevant online content for social media
- Take photos and short videos at daily school events and do basic editing
- Manage photo and video shoots
- Draft copy for marketing materials
- Produce the weekly school newsletters and other periodic newsletters
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications or related field
Skills and Experience
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience using email marketing systems such as Constant Contact
- Experience using Canva or other graphics software
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively
- Experience taking photos and videos, and using editing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to work well as a member of the team
We invite candidates to submit their resumes and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 28, 2021.
In the subject line please include "Communications Officer."
We appreciate all applications. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.