Bialik seeks a dynamic, energetic Communications Officer, with a love of storytelling and experience in both print and digital communications.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, and as a member of the Advancement team, the Communications Officer will assist in implementing Bialik’s marketing and communications strategies and programs, effectively sharing, promoting and conveying the school’s messages both to internal and external audiences.
This role will be located at Bialik’s Viewmount Branch.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to implement Bialik’s communications strategies and plans
- Tell the school’s stories by creating and posting relevant online content for social media
- Take initiative to develop new ideas for social media
- Take photos and short video clips at daily school events and do basic editing
- Manage photo and video shoots
- Draft media releases and copy for marketing materials
- Take responsibility for managing mass emails to internal and external audiences
- Work with suppliers to manage the design and production of print and electronic media including newsletters, brochures and content on Bialik’s website
- Produce the weekly school newsletter
- Participate in events when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications or related field
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively
- Strong ability in the use of computer technology and various software applications
- Experience using email marketing systems such as Constant Contact
- Experience taking photos and videos, and editing as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team
We invite candidates to submit their resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2019. In the subject line please include "Communications Officer."
We appreciate all applications. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.