*12 month maternity leave contract*
Reports to the Director of Cultural Engagement
Short Description of the Position:
Reporting to the Director of Cultural Engagement, and working closely with the Director of the Music Department and Manager of Adult Daytime Culture and Education, the Coordinator of Adult Arts and Culture is responsible for the logistical planning and implementation of adult programs in the arts and culture department. 37.5 hours a week (some evenings and weekends as required) Fast-paced environment. This position requires the candidate to lift works of art of up to 30 lbs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Gallery at the J
• Installing and removing exhibits on the main and third floor (monthly)
• Overseeing artist/organization receptions
The Music Department
• Request room bookings
• Request marketing materials
• Provide registration information for I.T
• Provide instructors with participant rosters
• Coordinate concerts and cabarets
• Liaise with instructors
• Communicate with participants
• Provide program feedback surveys and analyze data
• Writing and editing the quarterly Music at the J e-newsletter
• Coordinate sheet music orders and distribution
• Compile powerpoint of songs for sing-along program
• Coordinating the recording of Community Choir rehearsals and uploading to Youtube on private channel.
• Maintaining the MNjcc choral music library
• Assist with instrumental programs when requested
• Abide by budget during the fiscal year
Adult Daytime Culture and Education (Seniors Programming)
• Administrative support e.g. correspondence, database updates, speaker bios, phone scripts
• Liaise with guest speakers, performers and volunteers
• Submit requests to Marketing department for all PR materials
• Submit requests to Finance for all presenter fees
• Event set-up/strike for Monday lectures and Book Club
• Larger event support e.g. shopping, food and decor set up and strike
• Providing general assistance to the Manager of Adult Daytime Culture and Education
Toronto Jewish Film Society
• Marketing requests for all season materials
• Liaise with committee members, send out links to screeners
• Mail brochures to previous subscribers/partners
• Maintain an up to date database of all TJFS subscribers
• Mail subscription cards
• Communicate with subscribers regarding upcoming screenings
• Provide list of subscribers for box office for each screening
• Coordinate content for annual pamphlet and submit to marketing
Canadian Jewish Playwriting Competition
• Publicize workshop and reading for the winner
• Create press release for the reading and distribute to Canadian media theatres, post-secondary theatre programs and Jewish art institutions
• Coordinate workshop presentation of winning play
• Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AS REQUIRED
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 2- 5 years administrative work in an arts organization, event and program planning experience.
• Demonstrated skill in communicating clearly and concisely in English, written and verbal form
• Ability to work both with a team and independently.
• Ability to work effectively with volunteers, contract instructors and staff.
• Must possess organizational skills and the ability to remain focused while juggling multiple priorities/deadlines.
• Capable of tracking expenses with multiple budgets.
• Fully proficient in MS Word, Excel, Internet Research, MailChimp, Dayforce, CSI and Outlook Office. Ability to provide content for social media.
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
Salary and Benefits:
• RRSP matching
• Complimentary access to the MNjcc fitness centre
• Complimentary tickets to Al Green Theatre programs
• Flex time
How to apply:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RESUME
• Deadline for applications: Monday December 16, 2019. Job begins February 10, 2020
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture.
If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; email@example.com; or in person by appointment.
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. We provide opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all. Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3800 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, three choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust seniors program.