The primary role of the Development Manager, working closely with Board, staff and volunteers, is to help create the framework for fundraising programs, lead/manage the day to day operations of NBB’s Fund Development Program (i.e. individuals, foundations, corporations and community groups), and to cultivate and steward donors, ensuring a donor-centric environment and a culture of philanthropy. The ideal candidate is a seasoned fundraising professional, seeking the opportunity to develop the camp’s fundraising initiatives into a mature, sustainable annual campaign, able to meet both short and long term operating and capital planning needs and budget. The incumbent possesses excellent interpersonal and writing skills, and a proven ability to prospect, cultivate and steward a diverse group of donors and donor entities, building a sustainable base of supporters, now and for the future. Candidate will serve as a member of camp’s year-round leadership team, providing support, guidance, and assistance to year round work.
Reports To: Executive Director
Revenue Related Development Activities
- prospecting/research of new and existing donors
- cultivation and stewardship of new and existing donors
- grant-writing (operating, capacity, capital) and management
- the direct marketing program
- development of Planned, Major, Mid-Level and Monthly Giving programs
- development and execution of donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Be part of development and growth of Legacy Program
- training of board, staff and volunteers as needed to advance programs.
- Develop the case for support to fuel short term needs and long term aspirational goals.
- Evaluate effectiveness of all fundraising programs/campaigns.
- Data mining and analytics including, reporting, donor analysis and profiling, prospect analysis, segmentation, etc.
- Sourcing appropriate tools to support fund development program (i.e. including seeking capacity investment, as appropriate).
Donor Care and Relationship Management
- Provide superior customer service to enhance relationships with donors.
- Daily donor relations duties and care, ensuring adherence to stewardship grid and addressing donor enquiries, as appropriate.
- Ensure stewardship and cultivation moves are added to the database and followed up in a timely manner.
- Provide training and support to Board, staff and volunteers to enhance capacity to execute fund development programs.
- Coordinate summer visitation program/special events
- Work closely with board/lay leaders and cultivating those relationships
Cultivation and Stewardship Activities
- Thank you letter and special package mailings
- Calls to donors as appropriate
- Monitoring of donor stewardship program(s)
- Writing of stewardship reports, as required.
- Oversee recognition and mailing lists for annual communications (i.e. including but not limited to newsletters and holiday cards)
- Lead/manage donor cultivation & stewardship events (i.e. including but not limited to annual, major and mid level)
- Coordinate/manage all communications and pubic relations for camp’s fundraising efforts
Budget and Strategic Planning
- Develop and manage annual fundraising budget/plan and report against plan to Executive Director (and Board, as appropriate)
- Monitor expenses against budget
- Manage adherence to plan and suggest modifications, as needed
- Support/manage staff, board and volunteers in execution of related responsibilities
- Take part in professional development opportunities and conferences as necessary
- Create and implement and ongoing annual plan for alumni outreach and engagement
- Duties may be added as needed by Executive Director
- Strong cultivation and stewardship skills
- Ability to analyze data and bring forward suggestions
- Self-motivated through focused attention on achieving superior service
- Ability to multitask through strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- A team player, able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to support the planning, execution, evaluation of Individual Giving programs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strives to identify needs and create efficiencies
- Strong computer and data management skills
- University education and 5+ years not-for-profit experience
- Experience in Jewish camping preferred
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community
- 3-5 years Major Gifts experience
- Working knowledge of fundraising and charitable giving
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data management and analysis skills
- Exceptional relationship building management knowledge
- Flexible and dynamic
- Knowledge in current leading fundraising and donor database software and websites
- Travel may be required during the year
- Available to spend extended time at camp during the summer, as needed (camp is located in Haliburton, Ontario)
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Simon Wolle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply for early consideration is October 30, 2020 (applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received)
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary commensurate with experience
Camp Northland is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs. All responses will be handled with strict confidence.