The Director of Community Engagement will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the senior staff team and is ultimately responsible for planning a wide range of activities across various constituencies of Temple membership while deepening connections with our members.
1) BUILDING COMMUNITY AND CONNECTIONS
- Facilitates opportunities for members to become a part of our community through identification of groups that meet their interests.
- Assists special program populations (Young families, seniors, connections groups) to find their place in our community.
- Continues to develop volunteer engagement and create a culture of appreciation.
- Identifies opportunities for partnership opportunities with other organizations.
- To serve as link between our clergy, professional staff and lay leaders.
- To design, develop and implement innovative programs in the areas of Adult Studies, family engagement, Social action, Seniors and our connections groups.
3) MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Work with our Director of communications on:
- content control of our communication instruments
- collaborate on the ongoing development of communication strategies
- Work with lay leaders and committees on the development of a robust marketing strategy
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engagement in a relationship driven environment
- Experience in a CRM based environment
- Knowledge of community organizations and/or social media strategies to drive acquisition & retention
- Consistently self-driven and goal oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision making
- BA/BS in business/marketing or related field or equivalent experience
Opportunity to work with a highly motivated group of professionals and volunteers
Competitive compensation, with health, dental benefits and pension
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org