UJA Federation of Greater Toronto’s mission is to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership. Year after year, UJA’s Annual Campaign, which currently raises approximately $60 million annually, allows UJA to care for the most vulnerable, build and strengthen Jewish identity and education, invest in Israel and overseas, and promote Jewish/Israel advocacy, while also creating infrastructure throughout the GTA that serves not only the Jewish community, but the community-at-large.
Reports to: Manager, Donor Relations
The role of Donor Relations Representative will be to speak with donors to solicit support for various campaigns throughout the year. We are recruiting 3 individuals to work Mondays through Thursdays, 3:30PM to 8:30PM. The successful candidates will be champions of UJA’s initiatives and will present themselves with knowledge, understanding, and compassion during each and every call. The successful candidates will personify respect and authenticity while using their hearts and their minds to build donor trust and advocate for Toronto’s Jewish community.
- Contact donors by telephone to discuss their support during various fundraising campaigns
- Engage donors in meaningful conversation about UJA and its activities
- Report all donor gifts and donor status changes to Manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Prior sales or fundraising experience
- Superior customer service attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of UJA and the Toronto Jewish community is considered an asset
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have completed High School
- Must be eligible to work in Ontario
- Work must be completed on site (Bathurst & Sheppard). Candidate must be willing to commute.
- Must be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Part-time, contract position. Hourly wage.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, quoting REF# DRR-CAM-451 to: email@example.com
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.