UJA Federation of Greater Toronto’s mission is to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership. Year after year, UJA’s Annual Campaign, which raises more than $60 million annually, allows UJA to care for the most vulnerable, build and strengthen Jewish identity and education, invest in Israel and overseas, and promote Jewish/Israel advocacy, while also creating infrastructure throughout the GTA that serves not only the Jewish community, but the community-at-large.
As a member of the Donor Services team, the Donor Services Specialist will support UJA's fundraising operations by processing donor payments, reconciling donor accounts and reporting on analytics.
Reports to: Associate Director, Donor Relations
Support team's e-commerce, data entry and administrative functions
- Process donations on behalf of UJA's Annual and Collector Campaigns
- Download and enter payments into Salesforce CRM
- Process electronic bill payments and disbursements from third-party aggregators
- Process in-kind donations of securities
- Add pledges via the CRM, where required
- Request write-offs, where required
- Contact donors, where required
- Make demographic changes, where required
- Reconcile payment/donation entries
Front-line Customer Service
- Answer donations Hotline
- Work with donors and brokerages on in-kind donations of securities
- Respond to a variety of donor inquiries
- Compile and analyze donor giving and payment histories
- Communicate UJA key messages and discuss initiatives
- Follow up with donors via email and phone
- Issue electronic tax receipts
- Escalate donor inquiries, as needed.
- Contact donors for declined credit card payments, returned cheques, and receipting instructions
- Contact donors to set up and/or alter payment schedules
- Respond to Data Entry Team inquiries
- Respond to inquiries from Campaign fundraising staff
- Assist with Tribute Cards during peak holiday seasons
- Develop actionable reports using data from Salesforce CRM to track monthly donors, and other donor segments
- Compile, analyze and resolve donor billing issues
- Document donor interactions via Salesforce CRM
- Develop multi-user documents on Teams for Donor Services and cross functional departments
- Special projects as required
- University/College graduate
- Understanding of stock market
- Experience working in a financial services or corporate environment
- Familiarity/experience working in a non-profit setting
- Champion for a positive customer service experience
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with donors tactfully
- Excellent phone manner and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve for amicable and timely resolutions within a customer service framework
- Willingness to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure, demonstrates discretion, exercises sound judgment, maintains confidentiality and sets priorities
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of the team
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and advanced functions
- Proficient with basic mathematics
- Willingness to work with numbers and understand financial reporting
- Experience with analytics is a plus
- Experience drafting basic business correspondence
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft 365 (including Teams)
Classification: Union Position, Level 5. Full-time permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits.
** Our workplace is located near Bathurst & Sheppard, however, due to COVID-19 constraints all employees are working remotely (on a temporary basis).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# DSS-CAM-523 no later than April 8, 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.