Early Childhood Assistants
Schwartz/Reisman Centre Daycare, Preschool And Afterschool
9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan ON
Wage: $20.66 / hour including PWE and GOG grants
Kick off the new school year with a new job and join our growing team! We are more than a daycare, we are part of the magnificent state-of-the-art Schwartz/Reisman Centre (The J), situated on the Lebovic Campus (Bathurst/Rutherford). Join our team of 35+ dedicated Early Childhood Education professionals and enjoy all the wonderful perks of our incredible Centre.
The JCC’s Vision & Purpose
We believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub, welcoming to all, based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel. From daycare to seniors' programs, fitness to recreation, Jewish learning to holiday celebrations, and everything in between, the J provides life-enhancing programs infused with Jewish values that inspire and enrich our community.
The perfect candidate is an enthusiast educator who has a love of working with children and a passion for teaching. They have a positive can-do attitude and the ability to build relationships with colleagues, parents, and children.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm, a love of working with children and a passion for teaching
- Knowledge and understanding of the ELECT framework and How Does Learning Happen an asset
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture, and Israel and/or willingness to learn
- Excellent English language skills: verbal communication, writing, reading
- Hebrew proficiency an asset but not required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: great attitude and ability to build relationships with parents, co-workers, and children
- Punctual, responsible, and dependable
- Available for full-time 9-hour shifts (including 1- hour lunchtime) between 7:30 a.m.& 6:00 p.m.
Swim, workout, and enjoy our programs with a free Family Membership and discounts at the J. Wellness benefits to prioritize your self-care and wellbeing. A commitment to your career growth with professional development opportunities.
Candidates must have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (completed in the last six months), Child abuse registry check, Immunization records, TB clearance, Proof of COVID 19 vaccination (2 doses) Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate. We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume via e-mail to email@example.com no later than July 15, 2022.
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only be contacting candidates we wish to interview.