Are you passionate about helping families and children in the community? Want to join an amazing team of volunteers and staff?
Jewish Family & Child in partnership with Prosserman Jewish Community Centre is seeking a Program Facilitator (On-Call) to assist in the Family Drop-In Program at the Family Resource Centre (FRC). This program provides support for parents, caregivers, and young children by encouraging opportunities for community participation and inclusive social interaction.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and deliver inquiry-based early years programs for parents and caregivers and their children up to the age of five.
- Assist or lead the daily planning of craft activities and music circles.
- Assist in delivering activities that enhance the social, emotional, physical, and mental growth of children and adults in a fun, play-based environment.
- Ensure compliance with day-to-day operational procedures which include health and safety, accommodation, and customer service standards.
- Undertake housekeeping duties such as cleaning and disinfecting toys, washing equipment, etc.
- Prepare materials for scheduled programming including photocopying, researching, etc.
- Support FRC visitors by providing appropriate Agency referrals and information about self-care practices for parents, child development and healthy family relationships.
- Perform front desk responsibilities such as greeting families, signing in visitors, registration, etc. as needed.
- Register participants, track attendance, and administer surveys as required. Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Social Service, Early Childhood Education, teachers college, or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience working with children and/or parent and caregivers.
- CPR/First Aid with AED Certificate.
- Ability to provide safe and effective child development activities while monitoring/supervising.
- Experience working with diverse communities and cultures.
- Knowledge of Jewish community needs and resources.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings.
- Dynamic individual with the ability to multitask.
- Fluency in French, Russian, Hebrew or another language considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit https://www.jfandcs.com/career-opportunities to submit your résumé and cover letter. This position will remain active until it is filled.
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Jewish Family & Child, please visit: www.jfandcs.com | www.facebook.com/jfandcs