JIAS Toronto is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to helping immigrants with resettlement in the Greater Toronto Area. JIAS Toronto assists lawfully admitted immigrants and refugees in meeting basic financial, social, legal and other requirements of immigration. We work to advance the well-being and social integration of newcomers by providing a full range of outreach, support, counseling, training and referral resources
The Fundraising Coordinator will oversee and coordinate fundraising activities, events and initiatives for JIAS Toronto. This position will support the Executive Director in building a community presence and promoting the agency’s mission and strategic direction through fundraising and donor stewardship initiatives. This position will be actively involved in JIAS Toronto’s 100th Anniversary planning and fundraising activities. This is a full-time position for up to 35 hours a week.
- Manages, supports and develops fundraising activities, some of which will be events-based.
- Inspires new donors to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing donors.
- Delivers presentations to interested groups and to attend events.
- Develops and coordinates web-based fundraising including social media.
- Maintains and updates the fundraising and communications budgets, with the Finance Manager.
- Develops proposals and grants that support the Agency’s fundraising goals.
- Works with the Executive Director to raise the Agency’s profile.
- Raises awareness of the Agency mandate, its service, successes and plans in the local community.
- Prepares fundraising reports for Board and committee meetings.
- Maintains the fundraising database and documents.
- Contributes updates of fundraising events and activities for reports, newsletters, etc.
- Writes appeals and direct mail in collaboration with other team members.
- Manages the web site content.
- Oversees social media content for the Agency’s social media profiles on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Fundraising, Communications, or Social Media or a relevant field
- Experience of charity fundraising over a range of methods
- Experience/knowledge of grant/trust applications
- Experience of a wide range of communication methods including press and social media
- Ability to work with databases.
- Outstanding administration skills
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to translate information into appealing messages and stories
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c3885694-78dc-4086-a819-c995d46073bd&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=365570&lang=en_CA&source=CC4
JIAS Toronto is conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto. On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym.
At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish Community of tomorrow. JIAS Toronto is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hiring process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about JIAS Toronto, please visit: www.jiastoronto.org