The Toronto Heschel School Seeks an energetic dynamic candidate to for the position of Fundraising Coordinator.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and desire to contribute to an innovative learning community with high standards for student achievement and donor stewardship.
- An Innovative Jewish Day School with classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Pluralistic and Egalitarian within Halakhah
- Implementing integrated Jewish/General Studies Curricula
- Employing Arts-based curricula & methods
- Dedicated to a collaborative teaching model
- Committed to Teaching for Understanding (Harvard University model)
- Committed to a strong environmental ethos
The responsibilities of the position will include the following:
- Review current fundraising plan, and work with Head of School and Chair of Fundraising to revise as needed.
- Support the fundraising team in creating a case or cases for fundraising.
- Run all aspects of the annual parent and grandparent campaigns, including the production and distribution of materials, coordinating volunteers, maintaining pledge records and payments.
- Coordinate events associated with the annual campaign (e.g. Generations Day, Special Speakers).
- Ensure all donors are appropriately acknowledged for their contributions.
- Support the creation of printed collateral for yearly campaign and specific pitches. This may include drafting and/or adapting content for specific purposes
- Working with the Head of School and Chair of Fundraising to develop and implement cultivation and stewardship programs for mid-level and major donors
- Co-ordinate and support volunteers in the production of a fundraising event or events.
- Develop and maintain fundraising data base.
- Update website and other digital media with fundraising materials
- Develop fundraising progress reports.
- Maintain an on-site presence in the school for most of the weekly hours. In consultation with the Head of School, some work may be done off-site.
Qualified candidate will be:
- An Excellent communicator - both orally and in writing
- A proactive self-starter
- Comfortable working with digital marketing and fundraising platforms
- Comfortable working with digital databases and spreadsheets
Please direct a current CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org