JIAS Toronto is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to helping immigrants with resettlement in the Greater Toronto Area. JIAS Toronto assists immigrants and refugees in meeting basic financial, social, legal, and other requirements of immigration. We work to advance the well-being and social integration of newcomers by providing a full range of outreach, support, counseling, training, and referral resources.
The Intake/ Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Program Liaison is responsible for acting as a liaison between JIAS and Constituent Groups (CGs), donors and volunteers. This position is the first point of contact for the PSR Program related inquiries, including responding to administrative needs of the refugee team internally and externally. The incumbent will be an active part of the refugee team working directly with the Language and Settlement Director and will be responsible for implementing administrative procedures and establishing work priorities for the intake function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a liaison between JIAS and CGs, donors and volunteers as well as communicate with different stakeholders.
- Provide education and training about the PSR program to the JIAS refugee team
- Promote and create awareness about the PSR program and potential opportunities for stakeholder engagement
- Coordinating communication such as the refugee newsletter and JIAS special activities
- Working on the intake and the orientation of Constituent Groups
- Researches, prepares, and submits timely statistical and progress reports on refugee work and efforts
- Creates custom resource guides relating to the needs of the refugees and CGs.
- Has an understanding of legislation and government prescribed procedures, regulation and standards of JIAS programs.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in relevant program from a recognized university
- 3 years’ progressive stakeholder engagement experience or community relations, government or municipal relations or related field.
- Experience in the not-for-profit industry is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent communications skills ; written, presentation, listening, attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge in the issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities.
- Knowledge about the PSR Program.
- Sharp analytical skills to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues and messages, and develop a path forward.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in languages that relate to the Agency client base will be considered an asset such as Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, Tigrinya, Farsi, Kurmanji, Pashto and Dari.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c3885694-78dc-4086-a819-c995d46073bd&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=374468&lang=en_CA&source=CC4
JIAS Toronto is conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto. On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym. Agency staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will be returning to the office in the coming months.
At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support, and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish Community of tomorrow. JIAS Toronto is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hiring process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about JIAS Toronto, please visit: http://www.jiastoronto.org/