- PERMANENT FULL-TIME (40 hrs per week)
- PART-TIME (up to 24 hrs per week)
- Both full-time and part-time must be able to work some evenings and one of the shifts on the weekend
LOCATION: Schwartz/Reisman Centre (Bathurst/Rutherford Rd in Vaughan)
GREAT PERKS: Free Family Fitness Membership; paid time off for Jewish High Holidays; Program Discounts and Dental & Medical Benefits for full-time staff; free onsite parking; working with a dynamic team within a supportive inclusive staff culture; and more!
The JCC’s Vision & Purpose:
We have a tremendous opportunity for you to join our team and build your career with us. At our core, we believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub that is welcoming to all and based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel.
What We Do:
From daycare to seniors' programs, fitness to recreation, Jewish learning to holiday celebrations, and everything in between, the JCC provides life-changing programs infused with Jewish values that inspire and enrich our members and provide a best-in-class experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At your core, you're a superb community connector with a strong flair for helping people and providing exceptional customer service.
- Jewish culture, traditions, and a connection to Israel are evident in your passionate and friendly interactions.
- You are also able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- You have some experience working with databases, as well as Microsoft Suite applications.
- You are detail oriented, and are able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Your English language skills are superior, verbal and written, and if you speak Hebrew and/or Russian it is a huge asset.
- Moreover, you have a friendly and outgoing nature, work collaboratively and are team oriented.
- Create a welcoming presence and positive first and last impression and experience for all members and guests seeking assistance and/or using the JCC
- Provide courteous, professional, friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable information to on all programs and services offered at the J; in-person and via phone/email/social media/live chat.
- Actively promote and sell all programs, classes and special events at the J.
- Take initiative and stay abreast of program changes and new additions.
- Provide way-finding assistance to members and guests; hand out towels, tokens, wrist bands.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Support the sales and service teams, including tours, introductions, booking meetings, meeting confirmation calls, and new member on-boarding.
- Successfully and professionally troubleshoot complaints; escalate to supervisor where needed.
- Maintain effective communication and shift change processes within the team.
- Be the face of the J and enhance our member and guests’ Jewish journey at the J.
- Actively engage in J programs.
- HAVE FUN!
How to Apply:
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please submit your resume in confidence via e-mail no later than October 31, , 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly state the job title in your email subject line and which JCC location you prefer. If you are applying for part-time work, please indicate the days and hours you are available. We will conduct rolling interviews.
We appreciate your application, however we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.