Netivot HaTorah, is a dynamic Modern Orthodox day school committed to delivering an outstanding Jewish and General studies education from Pre-Nursery to Grade 8. We are seeking a Junior Kindergarten teacher who will work together with a dedicated team of faculty and administrators to guide, support and inspire students, teachers and parents. The ideal candidates will be able to teach both General and Judaic studies. We are also open to a candidate who can only teach in one of these areas, which would be half-time.
This role is an LTO to cover a maternity leave, for the months of September to December 2021.
The candidate(s) should be passionate about education, love working with children, be prepared to model and promote spiritual, academic, and social/emotional growth, a team player, a great communicator, and ready to make a difference. We have an outstanding faculty, and are looking for a talented new partner.
The teacher will report to the Gan Directors.
The teacher must be proficient in teaching literacy, and be versed in implementing a balanced literacy approach in an early childhood setting.
Successful candidates, who will collaborate with teachers and administrators, will have the following qualifications:
- A degree or qualification in ECE or education (OCT) or equivalent is preferred.
- Hebrew speaking and knowledge of chaggim and parsha.
- Familiarity with instructional and educational technology.
- The ability to create lessons and curricula tailored to meet a range of student interests and to offer differentiated instruction.
- Proficiency in play-based and inquiry-based learning (for early childhood).
- Participate in a mentor-mentee relationship, facilitated by the school.
- Knowledge of current thought and practice in child development.
All those applying should also be organized, warm, patient, flexible, motivated, willing to learn and open to feedback.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Ariella Segal: firstname.lastname@example.org