Liberation75 is a charitable organization that was created to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Liberation from the Holocaust. Having completed our global event in 2021, Liberation75 has partnered with the USC Shoah Foundation to record as many Canadian testimonies as possible in 2021/2022 (no charge to the interviewee). This is part of the Last Chance Collection initiative.
This is a contract position for 8 weeks @ 32 hours per week and will pay $18 per hour. There is a strong possibility that this position will continue beyond the initial contract period.
This position is flexible for dates and times so it is a perfect position for a university, graduate or college student (though others are welcome to apply). This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and requires the incumbent to be between the ages of 18 to 30 years of age.
- Discussions with Holocaust survivors and/or their families to answer questions about The Last Chance Collection
- Reviewing and completing applicant forms
- Coordinating with the USC Shoah Foundation to arrange filming dates/times
- Coordinating with the videographers and volunteer interviewers
- Outreach to synagogues, cultural centres, nursing homes, etc. to identify Holocaust survivors who have not yet given their testimonies
- Outreach to journalists/publications
- Recruiting volunteer interviewees as needed
- Other projects in line with Liberation75’s objectives
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Russian. Hebrew and French fluency is also an asset.
- Must be a patient, outgoing person and have excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to clearly communicate with elderly persons and their family members.
- Excellent phone manner is essential.
- Must be interested in the history of the Holocaust and appreciate the importance of collecting testimony.
- Must be confident in your abilities to reach out to various communities across Canada to explain our program and encourage them to participate. This may require Zoom meetings or in-person meetings (when safe).
- Ability to identify journalists/publications to promote our work.
- Social media experience required.
- Experience communicating with elderly persons from the Former Soviet Union is an asset.
- Competence in Microsoft Office and Google Docs essential.
- Competence in design, MailChimp and ability to update WIX website is an asset.
- Previous customer service and administrative experience is an asset.
Some work may be completed in our offices in Markham Ontario as long as it is safe to do so. You will have your own private office. We are close to major highways, Viva bus route and lots of free parking. (*Please note that this position requires climbing 20 stairs to enter office and is not wheelchair accessible.)
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and requires the incumbent to be between the ages of 18 to 30 years of age and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Liberation75 is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com