Reporting to the Managing Director, this position serves as the principle staff person responsible for ensuring that all lifecycle events that take place at Beth Torah Congregation run smoothly, and are well-coordinated.
This is a client-focused position requiring very strong scheduling and communication skills, while necessitating a very committed work ethic. The Lifecycle Coordinator takes and follows direction consistently, thinks pro-actively, coordinates information from multiple sources, makes recommendations and works collaboratively and independently.
- Working with the Managing Director and Senior Rabbi, the Lifecycle Coordinator:
- Responds to membership inquiries from potential members.
- Manages the shul’s relationship with current members.
- Greets and receives all guests to Beth Torah.
- Resolves membership issues and concerns in consultation with the Rabbi and the Executive Committee as necessary.
- Helps to coordinate High Holidays tickets and dues mailings.
- Promotes membership at Beth Torah in the Jewish community.
- Database updates are ongoing and after High Holidays.
- Basic set-up and maintenance of the shul calendar
- Preparation of weekly packages for clergy
- Entering annual schedules for choir rehearsals, tutoring sessions and Torah readers schedule for Shabbat
- Booking of all lifecycle events, with a focus on customer service and sales
- Ensuring that lifecycle events run smoothly and that customer and member expectations are met and exceeded
- Booking B’nai Mitzvah students’ rehearsals
- Communications with staff, volunteers and members
- Bereavement notices, condolence letters, after death letters and yahrzeit posting
- Sending invitation letters to those being honoured during High Holidays services
- Monthly yahrzeit and anniversary letters to members
- Updating database after the High Holidays
- Submitting weekly lifecycle material for communications purposes
- Collecting and submitting all Lifecycle information for publication in semi-annual bulletins
- Creating letters, forms and protocols as required
- Accepting donations and sending tribute cards on behalf of members
This is a full-time position with occasional hours over weekends and holidays. If you would like to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and a current resume (stating salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The interview process will commence immediately with qualified candidates. No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.