UJA Federation of Greater Toronto (UJA) is a charitable institution that serves the Greater Toronto community-at-large. UJA works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership. Year after year, UJA’s Annual Campaign - which raises approximately $60 million annually - allows UJA to care for their most vulnerable; build and strengthen Jewish identity and education, invest in Israel and overseas, and promote Jewish/Israel advocacy, while also creating infrastructure throughout the GTA.
UJA is at an exciting time in its evolution. We are undergoing a digital transformation, revitalizing our event strategies and building on our vision to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Israel and Jewish values.
The Major Gifts Officer will focus on fundraising for the three streams (Annual / Capital / Foundation) while building and enhancing long-term relationships with leading donors, as well as with high potential prospects, to better understand donor motivations and fulfillment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Jewish communal work, public policy, management, or related field of study
- Significant fundraising experience in the GTA, with a track record of successfully interacting directly with donors/potential donors and making gift asks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- General knowledge of and interest in business, world affairs and community matters
- Knowledge and understanding of UJA Federation’s mission, programs, and vision
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, Israel, and the Jewish world
- Ability to organize and multi-task; ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to assimilate a broad range of information and articulate with passion and integrity.
- Diplomatic; great listener; strategic thinker
- Foundation and Capital experience an asset
- Some evening and weekend work
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time permanent. Leadership compensation and benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, quoting REF# MGO-CAM-437 no later than January 11, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.