Jewish Family & Child is a multi-service, client-centered agency, and a Children’s Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families; we are seeking a dynamic Manager, Accounting to lead our accounting team and assume responsibility of the accounting functions, up to and including monthly trial balance. This position reports to the Financial Controller and is outside of the bargaining unit.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Supervise the daily operations of the Accounting department, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fundraising activities by approving journal entries, frequently reviewing accounts, supporting documentation and schedules.
- Oversee the month-end accounting close process ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness of reporting financial information in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee the approval process of payables and review cheque runs, electronic fund transfer and wire payments for accuracy and completeness
- Review all bank reconciliations and balance sheet accounts analysis
- Manage cash flow ensuring sufficient funds at banks to meet daily operations
- Manage Foundation and trust funds accounting and reporting
- Prepare year end and periodic financial reports required and assist in year-end audit activities
- Participate in the development and implementation of the annual budget forecasts for programs and departments
- Manage and provide leadership concerning performance expectations, productivity and accountability.
- Communicate and follow through with Agency objectives, directions, initiatives and strategic goals to the team
- Ensure the operation of a safe and clean and well maintained workplace promoting excellent client service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in an Accounting or Business Administration field
- Minimum five (5) years’ accounting and finance experience
- Minimum 3 years’ managerial/Supervisory experience
- CPA designation or pursuing an Accounting designation
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office application (Excel) is required
- Excellent knowledge of AccPac-Sage, Oracle or similar accounting software packages
- Non-profit experience will be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit https://www.jfandcs.com/career-opportunities submit your résumé and cover letter by January 25, 2019. This position will remain active until it is filled.
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.