Associated Hebrew Schools (AHS) is a warm and vibrant school representing the diverse Toronto Jewish Community. We are rooted in Jewish traditions, yet our teaching methods are anything but traditional. We nurture a culture of innovation and support student success through inquiry-based learning. By teaching creative expression and critical thinking, we encourage curiosity and problem solving as we help our students to grow into a maker and a mensch. Our approach to differentiated learning allows us to meet the individual needs of our students to ensure their success. At AHS, we foster a lifelong love of learning while teaching our students to be ethical, knowledgeable and engaged citizens.
AHS faculty work collaboratively in our commitment to educational excellence and innovation in both General and Judaic studies.
The successful candidate will collaborate with teachers and administrators, as well as grade partners and teams. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the subject matter and understand and apply a variety of approaches to instruction, including balanced instruction, assessments for, of and as learning and be able to implement a wide variety of instructional strategies.
- Planning, instruction, assessment and evaluation
- Supporting program implementation using the Ontario Ministry curriculum and other resources
- Choosing appropriate and current resources that support the content in the program
- Facility with instructional technology including Google Classroom, Google Apps for Education, SMARTboard, and proficiency with video-learning platforms
- Candidates should be qualified in the particular area for this position.
- Junior/Intermediate classroom experience and OCT in good standing are essential.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Faye Rewald: email@example.com
Associated Hebrew Schools welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
Please contact David Young, Executive Director, should you require any special accommodations at
416-494-7666 x 200; or firstname.lastname@example.org