Oraynu Children’s School, a supplementary Sunday morning program, is seeking a Music Teacher to implement English and Hebrew songs in class and at assemblies. Proficiency in playing the guitar or electric keyboard is required, in addition to vocal skills. Your warm manner and engaging singing will inspire the children to participate.
- implementation of a curriculum of English and Hebrew songs of a Jewish cultural nature
- in-class instruction/music periods for grade 1 – 7
- preparing students for school holiday assemblies
- content of the music program is based on the Jewish holidays
- focus is on Jewish history, culture and values from a Humanistic Jewish perspective.
- Sunday mornings only
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m
- September 2019 to May 2020
- Contract position
Applicant must be either an accredited teacher, music/education program student, or have previous equivalent teaching experience in informal education
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter by e-mail no later than June 15, 2019 to Steve Shabes, Oraynu Children’s School Principal: email@example.com