Congregation Darchei Noam, Toronto’s only Reconstructionist Synagogue, blends Jewish practice with innovative forms of Jewish expression: a place where love of tradition meets appreciation of change.
Darchei Noam emphasizes values that inspire us to create Jewish futures and make a positive difference in our families, our community and the world at large.
Darchei Noam is an inclusive, egalitarian and welcoming congregation.
- Darchei Noam runs a satellite Hebrew School in Leslieville. From September through June, the program meets twice a month on Sundays from 2:00 – 4:00 pm.
- Darchei Noam is seeking a music and arts and crafts teacher for the 2019/2020 school year. The teacher will rotate through the JK-SK, Grade 1-2, and Grade 3-4 classes, spending 35 minutes with each class. The teacher will provide creative, dynamic lessons through music and craft projects.
- This is a contract position for the academic year located at the Ralph Thornton Community Centre.
- Lesson planning.
- Implementing either a Jewish/Hebrew music lesson or Judiac-themed art project each week.
- Reporting on student progress.
- An education degree or certificate from a recognized college or university, and/or relevant teaching experience in Jewish settings such as camps, synagogues, or community youth programs.
- Knowledge of Jewish life, traditions, culture and values.
- Interest/aptitude in the arts.
- Ability to play guitar or keyboard is an asset.
- Comfortable with our Reconstructionist, inclusive, egalitarian, liberal approach to Judaism.
- Warm, welcoming personality.
- Ability to work as part of a team with the Director of Youth Programming, other teachers and volunteers.
Applicants who wish to apply should forward their resume and cover letter by September 30 to: email@example.com with Music/Art teacher - Leslieville in the subject line.
Darchei Noam is compliant with AODA and will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities in our hiring process. Our site is wheel-chair accessible.
Only those people to be interviewed will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
Interviews of qualified candidates will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit early.