Duration: One-year contract (through February 2018)
Through its museum and programs, the Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre generates knowledge and understanding about the Holocaust and serves as a forum for dialogue about civil society for present and future generations.
As the public face of the Museum, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Neubuerger Museum and involves regular interfacing with teachers, volunteers (museum educators) and Holocaust survivor speakers. This position is responsible for managing the school tour scheduling, the museum technology, and daily support for the temporary exhibits.
Holocaust Education Week
Is the Project Manager of Holocaust Education Week, an annual week (Nov. 2-9) of city-wide programming at small intimate events and large-scale community-wide programs, attracting 30,000 people annually. Tasks include event planning, fundraising, budgeting, community outreach, editing content for the printed and online program guide (magazine); venue and logistics communication/arrangements; and event support.
- Post-secondary degree in History, Holocaust studies, Jewish studies, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience working in event planning, museum or cultural/heritage programming
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Excellent communications skills-verbal, written, and oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to give instructions to volunteers and teaches
- Ability to respond quickly and tactfully to requests from members of the public
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of European History, and the Holocaust in particular
- Back-end knowledge of social media
- Event Planning
Asset: Experience working with seniors
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite; Familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign, Content Management Systems, Basic web design
Language Requirements: English imperative
Additional information: 34 hours per week with some evenings and weekends
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.