Reports to: Director, Russian-speaking Jewish Community Outreach & Engagement
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of the Russian speaking Jewish Gala Dinner, taking place in September 2019
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create work-back schedule outlining deliverables, logistics and due dates
- Assist with Gala logistics and event programme
- Coordinate event day volunteers and roles
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of social media content (posts) and marketing materials
- Schedule and attend event meetings with professionals, lay people and event speakers
- Work collaboratively with Director, Strategic Events, as needed
- Create event follow-up strategies to engage attendees in future events and programs
- Compile, analyze and present attendance metrics, identify opportunities to improve post event
- Minimum of 2 years event coordination, or related experience
- Effective project management skills and experience including managing vendors
- Independent, self-starter who can identify opportunities and drive event deliverables
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to partner with staff and volunteer leaders to orchestrate a fundraising event across cross-functional teams
- Strong organization, prioritization and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Marketing experience considered an asset
- Media Relations experience considered an asset
- G class driver’s license and access to a vehicle considered an asset
- Ability to speak Hebrew and/or Russian is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of database applications (CRM) an asset
- Work must be completed on site (Bathurst & Sheppard). Candidate must be willing to commute.
- Must be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
Classification: Part-time (21 hrs./week), 4-month contract. Hourly Rate.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, quoting REF# PCRSJC-CCB-456, no later than March 29 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.