Full-time Contract (approx. 17 months)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Israel Engagement
- Recruit students for flagship Jewish Service programs
- Active presence at Canadian Jewish schools, youth groups and school clubs, for example JSU’s, Torah High, BBYO, CYJ, Shul Youth groups, and more
- Speak in classes and at clubs (virtual and in person)
- Active virtually and in person (when permitting) program events (fairs, webinars, school events)
- Oversee Jewish Service social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok)
- Educate the Jewish community about Jewish Service
- Assist with Jewish Service events
- Engage and work in coordination with other UJA programs and departments (such as Diller, March of the Living, and Masa Canada)
- Participate in Diller Teen Fellows Alumni Events
- Work in coordination with Shinshinim and Shlichim
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience in Jewish Community
- Familiar with Jewish schools, organizations, and clubs
- Past time spent/ Experience in Israel
- Experience with Jewish organizations, on campus and/or in high schools
- Leadership experience in camp, youth movements, synagogues, and teen programs
- Must have recruitment experience
- Experience with cold calling and lead generation
- Good with teens, comfortable in schools
- Strong understanding of social media, and how to grow followers
- Must have a car
- Some travel may be included in GTA and some Ontario cities and across Canada
- Potential travel to Israel
- Must possess a valid passport with zero travel restrictions
- Passion for educating and mentoring teens about Israel
- Experience with teaching, lecturing, public speaking
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office and internet applications
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, organized, reliable, team player, proactive, strong work ethic, leadership skills; ability to multitask
- Graphic design skills
Classification: Full-time Contract (approx. 17 months). No Benefits.
* All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the UJA's vaccine policy. Should you wish to see a copy of our vaccine policy please notify us.
** UJA employees working remotely for the time being, with the expectation that we will resume a hybrid work model in the near future.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# RSMC-IE-589 no later than January 31 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.