Position Type: Full-time position
Work Hours: 35 hours per week, potential evenings
Reporting To: Director, Research & Evaluation
Classification: Program Specialist (Bargaining Unit)
Salary Range: $63,000 – $78,000 Based on Experience
Anticipated Start Date: March, 2021
About The Agency
Jewish Family and Child Service is a multi-service, client-centered, family service agency and a Children’s Aid Society. We support the healthy development of individuals, children, families, and communities through prevention, protection, counselling, and education and advocacy services, within the context of Jewish values.
About the Role
We are seeking a Research and Quality Assurance Associate who will be responsible for implementing utilization and participatory focused evaluation activities in order to advance strategic goals and evidence-informed decision making. The incumbent will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to carry out research and evaluation.
- Complete file audits for Child Welfare and Family services for the purposes of continuous quality improvement and for the purposes of accreditation
- Takes a lead position in ensuring key data elements are complete and accurate within Matrix and CPIN, especially as it relates to sociodemographic data elements
- Develop a model for assessing client satisfaction and outcomes that is evidence-informed and can advise future program development.
- Carry out Agency evaluation activities, including their development and implementation, reporting and knowledge dissemination, and application of findings for the purposes of continuous quality improvement.
- Provide administrative oversight and monitoring of research and evaluation projects and ensure project goals are met within the context of the larger program.
- Work closely with Agency stakeholders to ensure Utilization-Focused Evaluation methods are engrained throughout evaluation and research studies.
- Provide support to service areas in program design, including the development of logic models, and synthesis of research evidence to inform program development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Applied Community Psychology/Social Psychology/Psychology or Public Policy or in a related human services field.
- Minimum of 5 years related research experience; prior experience in a non-profit social service setting will be considered an asset.
- Prior experience with CPIN will be considered an asset.
- Strong experience in working with SPSS.
- Knowledge of research/evaluation design and methods, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package and Survey Monkey.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and ability to maintain standards with competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comprehension of French or another language will be considered an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8078648d-e274-4600-8e57-8ead2cb5a457&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=327679&source=CC2&lang=en_CA
Jewish Family and Child Service is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.