1 Year Contract
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services the Social Worker is accountable for seamless service experience that meets the individual needs of the client, family and / or customer, compliance with legislation through proper documentation, and has the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization in a clear and concise manner. The Social Worker works closely with client intake, consultation and service delivery staff, and leads by example, demonstrating professionalism and enthusiasm in all dealings.
We are looking for: One full-time Russian Speaking Social Worker (One Year Contract)
Hours: 34 hours per week. This is currently a hybrid work from home position.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Client Service Experience - Excellence and Quality Improvement
- Ensure that clients and their families experience a high quality and responsive social work service.
- Provide information, advice and support to the client and the family regarding the plan of care.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of the client’s needs while on your case load and revise the plan of care for the client as required.
- Provide counseling to the client/caregiver and initiate support linkages for the client/caregiver with internal and community resources.
- Coordinate service requirements and advocate on behalf of the client/caregiver to ensure the receipt of appropriate and timely services.
- Lead and participate in consultation services and case conferences with service providers to discuss care plans and service needs.
Information Management and Reporting
- Prepare and ensure accurate, thorough and timely recording of client information including reports, correspondence, legal forms, and ensure all information is up-to-date in the information management system and documented in accordance to departmental policies and procedures and legislation and College requirements.
- Compile and complete case files documents in preparation for discharge.
- Develop and implement appropriate short and long term care plans for the client/caregiver based on the results of the assessment tool used within the organization.
Team Building and Leadership
- Build support for agency vision and departmental goals/objectives by communicating, collaborating and leading by example.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and work cohesively in a team environment
- Look for daily opportunities to highlight the connection between overall strategy and day-to-day activities.
- Provide consistent communication and feedback to all within her/his Team and, the Manager of Client services and Senior Management where appropriate. .
- Act as a change agent to positively encourage others and manage change
Management of Relationships with External Partners
- Actively develop and foster trust-based and collaborative partnerships with external customers from key organizations, such as Sinai Health and LHIN’s.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate Circle of Care’s service assets and commitment to excellence to key funders.
- Identify and develop opportunities to expand market share in the area of social work and related services.
- Actively participate on Community-based committees / projects and ensure that Circle of Care’s assets, interests and desires are represented and listened to.
Management of Relationships with Internal Partners
- Provide service / process communication to key internal stakeholders, inclusive of expectations, problem solving and troubleshooting support.
- Lead and / or participate on internal cross-functional project teams to lend skills, competence and product knowledge.
- Lead by example with Internal Partners and demonstrate the organizational values in all personal behaviours.
Health and Safety Management
- Responsible for identifying health and safety concerns and injury reporting
- Participate in health and safety processes and procedures
- Participate in maintaining a safe workplace environment
- Participate in all health and safety training initiatives
- A M.S.W or B.S.W., with a healthcare focus, from an accredited institution; or equivalent. Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- 2 years of experience in a healthcare client service environment.
- Experience in providing clinical consultation for professional social work staff.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of gerontological and mental health issues as well as experience with the seniors' population particularly related to diagnosis of cognitive impairment.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources, health care and social service systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong client and customer focus.
- Proven bias for action, excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in an automated environment and with the Microsoft Office environment, inclusive of Excel and Power Point.
- Must be willing to travel. This position will require a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Russian speaking required.
Circle of Care must comply with Directive #6 and therefore requires that all employees, students and volunteers provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
Circle of Care is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees, volunteers and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
Circle of Care is a scent free environment. All employees, volunteers and visitors are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting our office or working in the client’s home.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation, please inform us in advance.
We thank you for your interest in Circle of Care. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Powered by people. Sparked by passion. Circle of Care is made up of staff, students, and volunteers who bring energy and purpose, every day.