The Schwartz/Reisman Centre and the Prosserman JCC are vibrant and welcoming hubs that connect people to Jewish community and inspire meaningful and healthy lifestyles. As primary destinations of Jewish engagement, the JCCs strengthens individuals and families through its dynamic program offerings.
JCC programs, services and connections support a diverse and thriving Jewish people and provide a sense of belonging and identity. Through this work, JCCs model a world in which, more than ever, Jewish wisdom is valued; differences are respected; communities are built; creativity is encouraged; and aspirations are realized in exciting and powerful ways. As the scope of our agency continues to grow, we are looking to expand our senior management team to help us take the vision of the JCCs to the next level:
This is a Senior Management Position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Executive Director works closely with the rest of the senior management team to drive the mission and vision of the Schwartz/Reisman Centre and Prosserman JCC. The Associate Executive Director is responsible for the high level oversight and day-to-day operations of the core business units that represent a significant portion of the J's revenue and engagement - Membership, Fitness & Wellness, Sports & Recreation, Member & Guest Services, Marketing & Early Childhood Education. These core businesses are an essential part of the operating model of the JCCs and integral in allowing us to fulfill our vision.
Additional Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the day to day operating of the Schwartz/Reisman Centre.
- Support the future development of operating systems, service models and business opportunities for the Prosserman JCC.
- Manage a budget of $8-10 million and drive business innovation and growth.
- Inspire staff to live and breathe the mission and vision of the J.
- Create a staff culture that is warm, friendly, engaging, collaborative and innovative.
- Create business, marketing, program and staff strategies that are aligned with UJA's Strategic Plan.
- Lead strategies to enhance the member and guest experience while maximizing the value for the user.
- Foster an environment that enhances our staff, members and guests' Jewish journey.
- Ensure healthy relationships with key stakeholders and partners in order to ensure the JCC's goals are well articulated and aligned.
- Facilitate a collaborative work environment that breaks down silos and leverages the network of functional partnerships.
- University degree, preferably MA, from an accredited university in communications, public administration, marketing, or business management.
- 5+ years in a senior management role in the membership/fitness/wellness industry or large for or not-for-profit organization.
- 5+ years proven outstanding experience, in the following key areas:
- strategic planning and thinking
- organizational effectiveness and change management
- leadership and staff management
- business and financial management and business development
- training and staff development
- best-in-class process and systems development
- digital marketing and social media
- business technology
- community relations
- Strong knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions, Israel and community
- Connections with local Jewish organizations an asset.
- Charismatic - able to inspire and motivate direct reports and others.
- Superior communication and English language skills - oral and written - able to influence multiple stakeholders.
- Dynamic presentation and training skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism - promotes team work, collaboration and trust.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships to drive programs from inception to completion, as well as to create consensus and diffuse conflict.
- Makes appropriate and timely decisions and meet deadlines.
- Possesses a strong level of self-awareness and is able to adapt and change personally when necessary.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills.
- Strong leadership, staff management, project management and organizational management skills.
- Strong listening skills and systems to gather data, information and feedback and act accordingly to resolve issues and/or meet changing needs of the organization and community.
- Superior customer service skills, internal and external.
- Exceptional business acumen - able to build best-in-class business plans and systems, procedures to foster business success and growth.
- Displays a high degree of innovation, creativity and positive energy.
Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and well qualified for this exciting opportunity please submit your resume in confidence via e-mail no later than March 6, 2017 to Jeanette Hyde H.R. Director: email@example.com
We appreciate and thank you for your application, however we will only contact those candidates we wish to interview.