TanenbaumCHAT is recruiting for a full time Senior Advancement Officer to support the expansion of our Community Gift Campaign. As a key member of the Advancement team this person will lead an exciting annual campaign which through increased engagement and increased fundraising will realize its full potential in generating revenue for TanenbaumCHAT. Staffing the Community Gift Cabinet, this person will focus on the Annual Fund including direct mail, class giving and events. The Community Gift Cabinet will also review annual fund donors with a view to identifying potential major donors and will work in tandem with the Major Gifts Committee.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement the Senior Advancement Officer will play a leadership role in the management and expansion our Community Giving Campaign.
The position responsibilities of the Senior Advancement Officer include:
- Develop and execute all annual giving revenue programs and initiatives aimed at engaging and involving donors
- Implement the fundraising plan which incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles including special events, direct mail, telethons and other fundraising activities that ensure financial goals are met
- Ensures that systems are in place to provide recognition, reporting, and effective communication for donors and prospects.
- Creates, develops and coordinates a variety of programs to engage volunteers and donors in TanenbaumCHAT programs to ensure their support.
- Produces reports, analyzes results, recommends changes as required to maximize annual giving revenues.
- Post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience of demonstrated success in fundraising in the not-for-profit
- A solid understanding of the fund development and moves management process.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE is an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Team player that displays initiative.
- Highly computer literate and the ability to work effectively with fundraising software to drive results (Raisers Edge preferred)
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will take place the week of August 12th.
- Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.