As our Senior Community Gift Officer, you will be responsible for fundraising from, managing and cultivating relationships with existing community campaign donors and prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key.
Reports to: VP, Development and Strategic Engagement
- Cultivate and manage a portfolio of donors giving from $5,000 to $9,999.
- Develop and implement a stewardship plan for donors and prospects giving from $5,000 to $9,999.
- Work closely with our Events and Marketing Teams to create and implement events to best meet the needs of the divisions and donors
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Manage an existing portfolio of donors and prospects
- Create and implement moves management plans
- Build relationships, steward donors, and make direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Acknowledge donors after gifts received
- Track and report progress
- You’re a true people person with an outgoing nature.
- You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
- You have at least five years of nonprofit fundraising experience (or comparable experience) and have shown an ability to secure gifts and meet objectives.
- You make donors feel valued because you’re sensitive to their needs and their experience.
- You are comfortable using a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening information to aid in your moves management process.
- You establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside stakeholders.
- You have excellent writing and speaking skills and use them to compel individuals to action.
- You aren’t someone who spends a lot of time in the weeds, but you know donors expect you to be organized, prepared, detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
- People are inspired by your determination. You bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to act.
- You have a strong customer service-oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- You can discuss a broad range of information and articulate it with passion and integrity.
- You have excellent knowledge of the Toronto Jewish community.
- You are diplomatic, a great listener and a strategic thinker.
- You don’t require micro-managing and are able to make decisions independently.
Classification: Full-time, Permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
** Our workplace is located near Bathurst & Sheppard, however, due to COVID-19 constraints all employees are working remotely (on a temporary basis).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting REF# SCGO-CAM-549 no later than July 9 to: email@example.com
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks including Social Media Account(s) and a Police Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.