The Senior Creative Strategist will be a dynamic individual who is a graphic designer by profession, with 2-4 years of professional experience. He/she will have a natural aptitude for strategic thinking, problem solving, and be able to successfully manage the planning and execution of complex projects with multiple pieces, on time and on budget. Successful applicants will be proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Final Cut, etc) and eager to learn new skills as they relate to Hillel’s CRM and email management systems. The Senior Creative Strategist will be able to provide artistic guidance to his/her colleagues and manage up, across and down in a professional manner through his/her excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow-up in a timely and self-directed manner and by working collaboratively in being open to feedback and direction.
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications
- Provide graphic design services support to Hillel Ontario's strategic and fundraising initiatives, while also being willing to step in on smaller projects when needed, as part of the team
- Maintain and help enforce brand guidelines and Hillel’s commitment to excellence in communications
- Work closely with the Development Team to support the creative strategy, design and execution of projects including, but not limited to, solicitations, proposals for donors, quarterly reports, strategic plans, cross-organizational initiatives, event invitations, assets for social media and email campaigns and blog content, etc.
- Guide and mentor Marketing and Communications colleagues by providing occasional art direction and assist with brainstorming creative approaches
- Effectively and efficiently project manage through the proven ability to develop a comprehensive Scope of Work, Work Back Schedule, basic budget and be accountable for all deliverables
- Work across the organization to develop and/or support all content strategies.
- Repackage traditional content into web-friendly and digital-first formats.
What You Will Do Well
- Be a fast learner who is flexible, adaptable and has a positive attitude
- Work creatively within a team environment
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills that allow you to work effectively under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Be an excellent problem solver and strategic thinker
- Be able to both take and give direction
- Resist complacency and always strive for excellence
- Be a data nerd and relationship maven
- Be reliable, accountable for deadlines and self-motivated
- Know when to ask for help and be able to delegate
- Understand that working outside of core business hours will be required on occasion
- Willingness to occasionally travel to universities within the province
- Fluency in graphic design with a strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of typography, best practices in design and foundations, and Adobe suite.
- Excellent web design and development is essential, with knowledge of online platforms (i.e. Wordpress, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex information into easily-understood, beautiful visual formats.
- Ability to understand overarching strategy while maintaining focus on details.
- Strong photography and/or video editing skills are a plus.
- Experience working in a Mac environment an asset.
- Previous experience with a non-profit is an asset.
What You’ll Receive:
- $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
- Amazing colleagues
- A fun and fast-paced work environment
- Access to professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on Jewish students on campuses across Ontario
Please attach provide a direct link to your portfolio. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
About Hillel Ontario
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 13,500 Jewish students across nine universities and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. Hillel Ontario strives to inspire every Jewish student at nine universities across the province to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. The organization has a centralized Marketing and Communications department that supports all of the design and communication needs of each individual campus, as well as larger, strategic and development initiatives of Hillel Ontario as a regional system. Hillel Ontario has been on an accelerated growth trajectory since its inception, which has resulted in an increase in both the volume and complexity of communication projects and needs to support multiple and diverse marketing channels.