Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Further information can be found at veahavta.org
This is an exciting opportunity within a dynamic and developing organization that is making a significant positive impact on the lives of community members and marginalized individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. The Ve’ahavta culture is one of respect and collaboration in which each individual is encouraged to take initiative to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Development and serving as a member of a three-person development team, the Senior Development Associate, is accountable for Ve’ahavta’s individual giving portfolio, supporter-led initiatives, and the organization’s strategic in-kind relationships.
Ve'ahavta's development department is responsible for the successful annual fundraising of the organization’s almost $3M budget. The execution of the individual and supporter-led portfolios contributes approximately $500K towards the annual goal.
The Senior Development Associate manages the individual portfolio by cultivating and soliciting donors who give up to $4,999, as well as, stewarding monthly donors and managing Ve’ahavta’s tribute card program. In addition to annual giving campaigns, this role is responsible for coordinating donor acquisition campaigns through direct mail, advertising and digital campaigns.
The Senior Development Associate also supports B’nai Mitzvah (pre-teen) students reach their fundraising goals as part of our B’nai Mitzvah program and manages any third-party fundraising events.
As a professional in the Development Department, this individual will act as a representative of the organization during networking events, speaking engagements, presentations, and stakeholder meetings. They will also be responsible for tracking relationships and reporting through our Salesforce CRM database. The Senior Development Associate will also be the primary contact to connect with most donors and fundraising volunteers on a regular basis to share news, updates, impact reports, invitations; provide customized correspondence and experiences.
This is a great time to join this remarkable team as the agency moves forward under new leadership and embarks on new activities and programs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience working in fundraising, with direct experience working on annual and acquisition campaigns
- Strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector and fundraising tools and trends
- Proven ability to increase revenue and donor base
- Advanced ability to research and strategize acquisition of new donors
- Experience in staffing volunteer committees and community development with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of the GTA corporate community is an asset
- AFP membership and working towards CFRE certification is an asset
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrates professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce or other CRM databases
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing and developing sponsorship packages
- Working knowledge of social media and marketing
- Strong leadership skills, motivated and takes the initiative
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Highly organized, system-oriented
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Commitment and passion for social justice and poverty alleviation
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment process will close once our next superstar is selected. Apply now!