Hillel Ontario is looking for a Senior Digital Producer to lead a team of innovative, talented, and driven graphic designers. You will own the entire design process from problem exploration to ﬁnal implementation. Our ideal candidate’s balance of product design experience and knack for talent development will enable them to hit the ground running and to lead by example on product projects, the Design team, and cross-functionality.
About Hillel Ontario
At Hillel Ontario we have a brief and critical four-year window of opportunity to form a connection with Jewish students and achieve our vision of inspiring every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring connection to Jewish life, learning, and Israel. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel enriches the lives of Jewish students so that they become proud, resilient, community-focused, young Jewish leaders.
The opportunity encompasses three primary elements:
1) leading the evolution of HeyHillel, our movement-wide experiential platform,
2) managing a great team of designers, and
3) producing digital content for all of our stakeholders that evolves our brand and enhances engagements with the students that we serve.
You need to be a dynamic leader and data-driven design thinker. You are highly motivated and self-driven, keep up with social media trends, evolving user design, and digital strategies. Successful applicants will have demonstrated leadership skills, and an in-depth understanding of user behaviour and interactions online. In addition to possessing strong technical skills in Adobe CC (Illustrator and Photoshop), XD, and Figma, you’re able to effectively collaborate with your team, and with cross-functional teams across the organization.
To deliver our vision, Hillel is designing a secure portal for Jewish students that makes sharing experiences rewarding and discovery easy. To accomplish this mission, Hillel is empowering our teams with highly accessible engagement tools with intuitive functionality that allows us to scale to support a growing network of Jewish university students. We're building a diverse team with people of different backgrounds and experiences, empowered to shape our strategy, with the Sr. Digital Producer at the forefront of these efforts.
- Translate strategic goals into actionable priorities, resource planning and execution.
- Lead and oversee the production of Hillel’s online engagement platform, HeyHillel.
- Create, launch and manage intuitive digital and social media strategies in collaboration with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Leverage and manage existing and new social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook) to disseminate content to appropriate audience segments.
- Manage organizational website(s)
- Design digital assets, as required, to support the needs of the team
- Foster a growth mindset as you manage and mentor the Design team.
- Contribute to hiring and retaining graphic designers; help to shape the team culture.
- Identify high-impact opportunities; present clear design decision rationale to gain consensus across teams and leadership.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership, Campus Leads, and Designers for feedback and critique of product and processes.
- Autonomously lead a team of designers, and drive multiple time-sensitive projects to completion .
- 3+ years experience managing a team of designers.
- 3+ years working on User Interface Design.
- 3+ years Experience in design level technologies: Adobe CC Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro
- 2+ years experience representing product design work and designers to cross-functional partners and leadership.
- 2+ years experience building effective systems to accomplish complex product or business goals.
- Demonstrated experience in producing clear and holistic product results.
- Leadership experience which includes a focus on building team culture.
- Experience applying user research and data to inform design decisions.
At least one of the following:
- Experience production-level code in front-end technologies: Figma, Adobe XD, HTML, CSS, JS, Divi
- Experience deﬁning and implementing product features and digital strategy.
At Hillel Ontario, we value diversity, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in Jewish nonproﬁt organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.