Jewish Family & Child is a multi-service, client-centered agency, and a Children’s Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families; we are seeking a part-time (3 days per week) Social Worker – Hospice to join our team for a 12-18 month contract.
- Provide assessment, effective counselling support, advocacy and care plan development to Hospice clients and their families
- Provide risk assessment within a psychosocial framework.
- Identify changing client and family needs throughout the illness trajectory and develop interventions effectively with all relevant parties
- Develop and evaluate care plans and interventions collaboratively with client, family and broader interdisciplinary team
- Actively participate on Hospice Team and community rounds
- Work collaboratively with internal service providers and program partners such as Circle of Care as well as other providers on different levels of the healthcare systems to ensure effective service delivery
- Provide referrals and linkages to the Agency and community resources
- Understand and apply current concepts in palliative care delivery and grief theory
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection for internal and external records
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years related clinical experience
- Member of OCSWSSW in good standing
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Proven experience in integrating grief theory into practice and working with complicated grief
- Working knowledge of core concepts in End of Life care with demonstrated experience working within the health care system
- Knowledge of Jewish community needs and resources are an asset
- Fluent in Russian, Yiddish and/or Hebrew an asset
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to social work ethics, philosophy, principles and methods
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://www.jfandcs.com/career-opportunities to submit your résumé and cover letter. This position will remain active until it is filled.
JF&CS is conveniently located at 4600 Bathurst Street in Toronto. On the premises you will find free parking, a daycare centre and a gym (with subsidized membership).
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Jewish Family & Child, please visit: www.jfandcs.com | www.facebook.com/jfandcs