Position Type: Casual Contracts
Work Hours: 21 to 35 hours per week
Reporting To: Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Salary Range: $14.25 / hour
About The Agency
Jewish Family and Child Service is a multi-service, client-centered, family service agency and a Children’s Aid Society. We support the healthy development of individuals, children, families, and communities through prevention, protection, counselling, and education and advocacy services, within the context of Jewish values.
About the Roles
We are seeking an Office Administration Intern and a Human Resources Student to assist with various administrative and human resources tasks at our 4600 Bathurst Street location. These are part time contract positions under the Canada Summer Jobs program for up to 420 hours.
Human Resources Student:
- Scanning of HR files and uploading into HRIS system (Workforce Now)
- Ensuring HR files are up to date by scanning, copying, and filing HR documents in accordance with legal and administrative requirements and policies.
- Drafting and updating policies and handbooks
- Supporting health and safety protocols during COVID-19 pandemic
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office Administration Intern:
- Assist staff with scanning, organizing, and preparing documents to download and print from a case management system.
- Organize and maintain proper record filing.
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services and other correspondence.
- Provide support within the offices (Central and Lebovic) in preparing for return to work. This includes health-screening, signage, moving furniture, ensuring COVID-19 protocols are followed, etc.
- Ensure the COVID-19 health and safety protocols are implemented, maintained and followed. This may include: sanitizing workstations, organizing and clearing office areas to ensure physical distancing protocols, etc.
- Maintain stock area in clean and presentable manner; ensure adequate level of office supplies.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Must be between the 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Some post –secondary education in Human Resources/Office Administration
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8078648d-e274-4600-8e57-8ead2cb5a457&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=340849&source=CC2&lang=en_CA
Jewish Family and Child Service is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.