The following are part time contract positions under the Canada Summer Jobs program (up to a max. of 420 hours).
Work Hours: 21 to 35 hours per week
Reporting To: Manager, QA & Outcomes Measurements and Manager, Human Resources & Administration Manager, Development
Salary Range: $15 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
3 Student Openings – Canada Summer Jobs
About The Agency
Jewish Family and Child Service is a multi-service, client-centered, family service agency and a Children’s Aid Society. We support the healthy development of individuals, children, families, and communities through prevention, protection, counselling, and education and advocacy services, within the context of Jewish values.
About the Roles
We are hiring 3 contract positions. 1) a Research & Evaluation Intern 2) an Office Administration Intern and 3) a Fundraising Intern to assist with various tasks at our 4600 Bathurst Street location.
The following are part time contract positions under the Canada Summer Jobs program (up to a max. of 420 hours)
Roles & Responsibilities
1) Research & Evaluation Intern:
- Create and implement a Staff Feedback Survey.
- Develop plain language reports, summaries, visualizations, and one-pagers that tell the story and share out the results of; Service Delivery Trends, Program Outcomes etc.
- Support the analyses and reporting of Client-level demographic identity data.
- Support the Privacy Officer in their work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
2) Office Administration Intern:
- Support social workers with case administration and entering case notes into Matrix
- Support the HR team in administrative duties such as mail, courier, providing and tracking PPE
- Provide support within the offices (Central and Lebovic) in preparing for return to work. This includes health screening, signage, moving furniture, ensuring COVID-19 protocols are followed, etc.
- Sanitize workstations as needed
- Clean/clear office areas
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3) Fundraising Intern:
- Assist with answering donation line and processing gifts.
- Assist with preparation of impact reports for donors.
- Assist with Annual Report
- Assist with distribution of in kind donations for clients
- Assist donors with tribute cards
- Assisting in the Give Back Program and holiday gift initiatives
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be between the 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Some post–secondary education in Human Resources/Office Administration
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit submit your résumé and cover letter via: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=11d11336-3734-4f2c-8441-6a65dbd18af6&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=465938&source=CC2&lang=en_CA
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
JF&CS has a COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a valid exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code is provided.