REPORTS TO: Head of School
Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School is a values-driven independent school that takes pride in our ability to provide financial assistance in the form of tuition subsidy to qualified families seeking to enroll their children."The Subsidy Officer is responsible for moving families from the inquiring phase regarding subsidy through to an offer of tuition assistance, where applicable. This may include some recruitment work as well as some work with a sub-committee of the Finance Committee. The Subsidy officer is a key member of the recruitment team as well as the financial management team of the school.
- Communicate, both orally and in writing, to families who are considering Paul Penna Downtown Jewish Day School and are interested in subsidy. In some cases touring these families may be needed to reduce the transitions between people.
- Be the expert on and provide support through the subsidy application process using JCAP; a web-based software application used to calculate and recommend tuition affordability according to and in partnership with UJA established guidelines. .
- Communicate to families who are currently supported by subsidy or are expected to apply for subsidy about the timeline of the process
- Work with the JCAP data as well as past subsidy decisions of the school to make tuition subsidy decisions for each file
- Consult with the Subsidy Committee to affirm decisions that are straightforward
- Consult with subsidy committee to discuss files that are more nuanced and complicated
- Report to families about subsidy decisions
- Communicate with the Operations Manager about subsidy decisions so that tuition payments can be made
- Where necessary report to the finance committee about trends in subsidy application that may have a longer term impact on the financial sustainability of the school
- Ensure that subsidy communication from the school recognizes the source of our subsidy support: the Stephen J. Roth Fund and the Julia and Henry Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Education
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com
Applications for this position will be accepted up to and including Friday, August 23rd.