The J’s Vision & Purpose:
At our core, we believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub that is welcoming to all and based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel.
What We Do:
From daycare to seniors' programs, fitness to recreation, Jewish learning to holiday celebrations, and everything in between, the J provides life-changing programs infused with Jewish values that inspire and enrich our members and provide a best-in-class experience. The Jack and Pat Kay Centre Camp is one of our flagship programs and we are looking for a qualified camp nurse to join our dynamic seasonal team.
The Right Summer Day-Camp Nurse:
You’re Licensed in Ontario as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse and have current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certifications and demonstrated experience working with both children and adults. You are up to date with all insurance coverage [professional], and all regulatory compliance and you are a member in good standing with governing bodies.
At your core, you're a superb health care provider with a strong flair for helping people and providing exceptional service in a very busy camp environment (or similar). You keep your cool and make everyone needing medical attention feel well cared for. You know when to escalate issues and handle emergencies without panic. Your English language skills are superior, oral and written, and if you speak Hebrew and/or Russian it is an asset. You are available for pre-camp training and work full-time hours Monday-Friday between 8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensure each staff member and camper has on file a health history and examination form, as required;
- Set up system for COVID/health screening for arriving campers and staff;
- Set up a system for health screening, record keeping and medicine distribution for out of camp trips;
- Open up and unpack health center including supplies and medicines;
- Conduct beginning of summer, and end of summer, inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies;
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in the daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safe guarding medications and utilizing approved standing orders of the Health Center;
- Coordinate coverage of the Health Center with the Health Centre Team;
- Communicate specific health issues, concerns, and happenings daily with the Camp Director;
- Coordinate, and communicate system for daily medications and health call;
- Document all issues/incidents for every camper and staff that is treated in the Health Center or by a Health Center Staff member;
- Recommend patients seek medical/dental appointments when necessary;
- Check and issue first-aid kits to all necessary areas around Camp;
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camper health and safety, CPR, first aid, and use of universal precautions for infection control;
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk-management assessment;
- Prepare a summary and evaluation of the camp season: include inventories, staff evaluations, camper reports on health problems, and make recommendations for the following season;
- Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions in the camp;
- Document all telephone, and email, communication with Camp Community in accordance with the camp communication expectations and protocol;
- Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
Change Lives, Work, & Grow with Us:
- Work with some of the most passionate, driven, and effective community builders in the world and be part of an environment which will challenge you and empower you to keep learning and growing.
What else can you expect?
- Swim, workout, and enjoy our programs with a free Family Membership at the J for the duration of your contract
- Market competitive salary
- An awesome group of colleagues and fun environment in a state of the art air-conditioned facility
How to Apply:
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and well qualified for this exciting opportunity please complete our online staff application at www.centrecamp.ca/apply and please submit your resume in confidence directly to Evan Roth (our Camp Director) via e-mail to: email@example.com by no later than April 30, 2021. Please clearly state the job title in your email subject line.
We appreciate your application, however we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.