Our employer is looking to hire a Synagogue Administrator (SA) who is the primary point of contact at the synagogue for both members and the community.
The Synagogue Administrator is responsible for all the day-to-day clerical functions. The SA supports the Executive Director, Clergy and the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate is flexible, detail-oriented, self-motivated and adept at prioritizing and multi-tasking in order to balance the demands of multiple stakeholders.
This is a full-time position in a fast-paced, member focused environment.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours of Work
40 hours per week
Evenings and weekends as required
Time off in lieu of time worked over 40 regular hours/ week will be mutually agreed upon
- Office communications by calls, emails and mail
- Responding to and directing member and stakeholder inquiries
- Maintaining social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Updating the database and website
- Create Shabbat and program fliers
- Assist and support synagogue programming/ events
- Bar/ Bat Mitzvah liaison/ coordinator
- Facilities booking
- Responsible for ongoing ritual administration tasks, such as yartzeit reminders
- Assist with committees as required
- Maintain calendar of synagogue activities
- Other administrative responsibilities as required
- Strong knowledge of Jewish holidays and lifecycle
- Familiarity with the York Region and GTA Jewish community
- Advanced computer skills and use of Microsoft Office and other software
- ShulCloud experience preferred
- Graphic design software experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in spoken and written English
- Hebrew language skills are an asset
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage calmly and proficiently under pressure