This is a one-year maternity leave replacement, beginning mid March 2017.
UJA Federation of Greater Toronto is in the midst of an exciting Strategic Action Plan in which the under 40 demographic plays a critical role. We are seeking an Interim Executive Director, Under 40 Initiative to execute various strategies to ensure our successful engagement of this group.
The overarching vision for the Under 40 strategy is to utilize UJA Federation’s existing array of outreach programs to engage and cultivate relationships with young adults; to expand those relationships to include a philanthropic component; and to develop those with the right skills and inclination to become community leaders.
The successful candidate will work with a cross-departmental team of professionals and volunteer leadership, to implement a systematic approach to fulfill UJA Federation’s vision for philanthropy and leadership in our community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Oversee implementation of the Under 40 Action Plan according to outlined priorities
• Supervise members of the Under 40 Team, providing support, mentorship and coaching
• Serve on both Campaign and Community Capacity Building teams, participating fully in each department’s activities
• Collaborate with colleagues on all initiatives that involve the under 40 demographic
• Work directly with high-capacity donors and lay leaders to cultivate connections to the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Jewish communal work, public policy, management or related field.
• Minimum five years in a leadership role at Jewish communal or comparable institution, including direct supervisory experience.
• Experience managing complex systems with multiple stakeholders
• Direct fundraising experience cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors of all levels.
• Knowledge and understanding of UJA Federation’s missions, programs and vision.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Charismatic, creative, resourceful, passionate leader who will inspire the team to develop and implement innovative programs and solutions.
• Proficiency with computers and social media.
Desirables: Master’s degree in a relevant discipline; prior success working in the Under 40 sphere; familiarity and understanding of the Toronto Jewish community.
We offer an excellent compensation package.
Interested applicants should submit resumes, quoting REF# IED-CCB-351 by March 1, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.