The Toronto Heschel School Seeks Dynamic Jewish Educators to Join its Growing Team
- An Innovative Jewish Day School with classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Pluralistic and Egalitarian within Halakhah
- Implementing integrated Jewish/General Studies Curricula
- Employing Arts-based curricula & methods
- Dedicated to a collaborative teaching model
- Committed to Teaching for Understanding (Harvard University model)
- Committed to a strong environmental ethos
- A dedicated educator who is committed to Klal Israel
- Committed to bringing Jewish values and concepts to all areas of curriculum and daily life
- A creative and innovative thinker
- A flexible team player who thrives in a collaborative teaching model
- Dedicated to teaching and learning through the Arts
- Able to teach particular disciplines (i.e. Math, Science, Language Arts, Judaics, Hebrew, Social Sciences)
- Able to create environments in which students learn how to use skills in new and varied contexts
- Serious about participating in on-going professional development in accordance with the school philosophy
Positions currently available include:
- Upper Elementary / Junior High Judaics Teacher
- Fluent Hebrew speaker. Ability to teach fully Ivrit b'Ivrit.
- Strong background teaching Jewish texts including Tanakh, Mishna and Nevi'im.
- Knowledge of Ta’amei Hamikra (trop).
- Background in drama, dance and/or music an asset.
Please send a Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org