The Vice President Leadership Gifts for the annual campaign will focus on fundraising for the three streams (Annual / Capital / Foundation) while building and enhancing long-term relationships with leading donors, as well as with high potential prospects, to better understand donor motivations and fulfillment. The individual will lead a team of professionals to oversee UJA’s leadership gift strategy.
UJA Federation of Greater Toronto (UJA) is a charitable institution that serves the Greater Toronto community-at-large. UJA works to preserve and strengthen the quality of Jewish life in Greater Toronto, Canada, Israel and around the world through philanthropic, volunteer and professional leadership. Year after year, UJA’s Annual Campaign - which raises approximately $60 million annually - allows UJA to care for their most vulnerable; build and strengthen Jewish identity and education, invest in Israel and overseas, and promote Jewish/Israel advocacy, while also creating infrastructure throughout the GTA.
UJA is at an exciting time in its evolution. We are undergoing a digital transformation, revitalizing our event strategies and building on our vision to lead the most vibrant Jewish community in North America - a community characterized by its diversity, unity, compassion, generosity and commitment to Israel and Jewish values.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the Vice President Leadership Gifts will possess the following traits and meet the following requirements:
- Significant fundraising experience in the GTA, with a successful track record of interacting with donors and making asks for gifts.
- Excellent social and emotional intelligence, self-aware and an individual who engages with a combination of confidence and sensitivity; actively works to understand team needs and values and builds on established strengths.
- Proven leadership abilities and a reputation as a humble, accessible, inspiring coach/mentor who has enabled development, independence and a collaborative and respectful team environment.
- Provides strong “team-first” coaching and mentoring and delegates appropriately to develop and support individual and team goals, skill and confidence building and career progression.
- Commitment to Jewish community and knowledge of UJA Federation’s mission, programs and vision.
- Sophisticated relationship-development abilities to work at the highest levels of Foundation and community leadership; credibility to be seen as a peer.
- Established excellence in recruiting, managing, and leading leadership volunteers, with a particular focus on volunteer fundraisers.
- Thrives in ambiguity, but brings rigor and structure, to the team.
- Willingness to leverage relationships and reputation with stakeholders to advance the mission of UJA.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to operate at the strategic level and to master details to ensure best outcomes for the team and organization.
- A collaborator, with a genuine interest in the opinions of others, and curiosity about donor motivations; intelligent, personable, and the ability to hit the ground running.
The Vice President Leadership Gifts will have responsibility for the following:
- Manage UJA’s leadership gifts team, comprised of professionals working with Top and Major Gift donors.
- Leads the development and execution of a plan to achieve UJA’s goals for growing Top Gift and Major Gift donors and revenues in the annual campaign.
- Develops an annual plan which includes specific KPIs to ensure tracking on goals and a budget that ensures resources are in place to execute plans and achieve required outcomes.
- Continually monitors progress against goals and adjusts strategies as required.
- Meets regularly with our Top and Major Gift donor to understand their motivations and to cultivate and steward relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Earns the trust and respect of internal and external stakeholders through demonstrated expertise and success in securing leadership gifts.
- Ensures a focus on the fundraising priorities identified by UJA leadership.
- Sets goals, monitors work and evaluates results to support progress reporting to the SVP Philanthropy & Campaign Director.
- Oversees the development of effective strategies for donor recognition, stewardship, and engagement of Top and Major gift donors.
- Maintains a personal portfolio of transformational and leadership gift prospects and achieves personal fundraising goals.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time permanent. Leadership compensation and benefits.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter, quoting REF# VPLG-UJA-472 no later than June 17 to: email@example.com
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.