Beth David B’nai Israel Beth Am, an Egalitarian Conservative Synagogue located near Bathurst & Sheppard is hiring a part-time Youth Program Coordinator.
Start Date: Tuesday, May 25th 2021
What does the job involve?
Reporting to Beth David’s Programming & Communications Manager, the Youth Program Coordinator will:
- Serve as a role model and friendly face to the youth in the Beth David community
- Plan, promote and deliver minimum one monthly program for each of: Yedidim (grades 1-5), Kadima (grades 6-8) and United Synagogue Youth (USY) (grades 9-12)
- Assist in running and supervising occasional Kadima and USY overnight Shabbatons and conventions (up to 3 per year, post COVID-19)
- Engage and coordinate teen volunteers, including managing the USY leadership
- Support the Ritual Director in promoting and managing our Hebrew School and B’nai Mitzvah programs. Must be available on Monday evenings.
- Support Clergy and staff in promoting and managing youth programs and engagement
- Plan, promote and deliver Shabbat programs for youth and teens in pre-school, grades 1-5, grades 6-8 and grades 9-12
- Work with our volunteers and staff to coordinate the youth and teen components of Beth David’s holiday programs.
- Manage social network profiles for youth and teen accounts
- Must be available for in-person programming over the summer and during the High Holy Days in accordance with Toronto Public Health directives and Beth David’s re-opening task force recommendations.
What skills do I need?
- Experience working in Jewish community organizations and/or with Jewish youth and teens
- Experience working with children, youth and teens in informal education settings such as after-school programs, summer camp, synagogue youth programming, etc.
- Strong leadership and organization skills, the ability to communicate effectively with children, youth, teens, parents, and synagogue staff, and be able to work both independently and as a team member
- Knowledge of Jewish tradition and a demonstrated commitment to Conservative Jewish living is preferred
- Proficient in social media and online networking (Facebook, Instagram, Zoom, etc…)
Why should I apply?
- This position is a great opportunity to build your programming, communications and organizational skills and your informal education experience working with Jewish youth
- Flexible work hours that fit with your schedule
- Networking opportunities within and outside of Beth David
- Opportunities to be creative and take risks
- Gain experience managing teen and parent volunteers
This position averages about 15 hours per week and pays $16 per hour.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
Successful candidates will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening or Police Background Check. While we appreciate and thank all who apply, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.