Before you Walk with Israel, Walk, Run and Bike in Israel
United Jewish Appeal of Greater Toronto is inviting you, a passionate supporter of the Jewish state, to take part in what may be the most unique and unforgettable Israel experience we’ve ever offered!
UJA’s “Red to Med Cross Country Challenge” (Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea) is a great opportunity to challenge yourself by hiking, biking and walking amidst some of Israel’s most spectacular scenery while raising funds in support of UJA Federation’s Walk with Israel. During this vital fundraising challenge mission, participants will have the opportunity also see how their generous gifts to UJA are helping to transform lives, particularly in our partnership communities of Eilat/Eilot, Sderot and Bat Yam, all home to UJA’s exciting and innovative projects.
Participants will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience Israel like never before, including:
• Hiking in the Negev Desert
• Biking from Tel Baruch throughout Tel Aviv, and ending in Bat Yam
• Walking to pay tribute to Israel’s fallen soldiers by retracing their steps in a memorable trek along The Burma Road and visiting the Tank Corps Memorial
• Visit Kibbutz Sde Boker, home and burial ground of Israel’s first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion •
Enjoy a leisurely lunch at the colourful Carmel Market • Be there as our partners in Israel join us for various segments of our hiking, biking and walking.
• Enjoy a relaxing Shabbat in Jerusalem
• and all of this while raising funds in Support of our projects in Israel What could be better than fundraising for your beloved Israel while enjoying her countless attractions at the same time?!
And, you’ll arrive back in Toronto just in time to take part in UJA’s Walk with Israel where you can share stories of your trip with some 15,000 more committed walkers and lovers of the Jewish State. So, before you Walk with Israel, be sure to walk, bike and hike in Israel!
Join us for an information meeting: Thursday, January 17, 2013 – 7:30 pm Tamari Family Hall / Lipa Green Centre Sherman Campus/4600 Bathurst Street
To RSVP or for more information: Eyal Golan 416.635.2883 X 5136 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This mission is offered exclusively to those who make a minimum gift of $5,000 per couple to UJA 2013 Walk with Israel.