In 2013, the Miles Nadal JCC celebrated its 60th anniversary. When members of the Jewish community founded the “Y” at the corner of Bloor and Spadina in 1953 - no one could have predicted the impact it would have in the six decades that followed. The urban street corner in the Annex was transformed into a hub of Jewish life in the downtown core. Serving more than 7,100 patrons annually, the campus offers a wide range of services and programs focused on Jewish education, preschool, arts & culture, fitness, daycare and social activities for the downtown community.
This past year alone has brought about many new naming opportunities at The Miles Nadal JCC and we continue to add new names to the list of supporters of the downtown campus. In honour of our donors, old and new, an event was held October 27, 2013 to dedicate the new Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre Donor Recognition Wall, where all the donor names, past and present are proudly displayed for the community to see.
To learn more about the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre visit their website at mnjcc.org.