Adath Israel Congregation is currently looking for a Full Time Director of Programing. Salary commensurate with experience.
A very diverse position where no day is like the one before. You will be called upon to use your creativity, your training in education, programme facilitation and your passion for Judaism to be part teacher, part event planner and part outreach guru to engage a large congregation of 1800+ families. Engagement of children, youth, young professionals, adults of all ages and seniors through holiday programming, social events, adult education and innovative ways to create cohesive subgroups within the congregation.
The skills you bring:
- Highly effective organizational skills – ability to keep many balls in the air with a positive attitude and a smile on your face. Project management training would be an asset.
- Social media skills – knowledge of Facebook for promoting business events, Facebook ads, email marketing campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture relationships within the community across all age groups.
- Budgeting skills – ability to use excel to produce and manage budgets for events.
- Supervisory skills – ability to lead and manage a team, create and set goals for self and others.
- Strong Jewish background in traditional or experiential Jewish education such as Teaching, Jewish Camp, Youth Group Advisor etc. and ability to apply it to engage both adults and youth in a large member based organization.
Please email your resume to Cari@adathisrael.com by Friday, March 10 - along with a cover letter outlining the following:
- Your interest in the position
- Outline a programme to engage teens aged 13-18 during Shabbat morning services.
- Outline a social media campaign that you would design to engage and interact with 20-30 year olds.