Reports to: Vice Principal
Responsible for: Classroom teachers in Grade
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Associate teacher is responsible for working in tandem with the teacher to provide support in teaching students. The associate teacher’s primary responsibility is to work with children, which could mean individual children, small groups of children or a whole class of children.
- Support the classroom teacher by working with children
- Run small group learning experiences, with direction from the teacher.
- Through a process of collaboration and gradual release of responsibility begin to develop small group or routine whole class learning experiences. Examples include regular read alouds, spelling groups, literacy centres, math mastery groups, Hebrew reading groups, etc.
- Support teacher with the preparation of learning materials during weekly prep periods (1 30 min prep/day). This is the time for any copies or documentation board preparation.
- Participate in classroom Jewish experiences
- Support whole school initiatives and needs
- Regular daily duties, both recess and lunch, as per the school duty schedule
- Participation in faculty staff meetings and professional development days
- Participation in planning of one whole school event, including Holiday Assemblies or Rosh Chodesh services, in coordination with a full-time faculty member
- Support Art, French and Music specialists as needed.
- In the event that there is a particular specialist need, the AT may be asked to support that specialist in a different grade.
- Independently supervise morning care 2-3 mornings a week. This could be in the library, the gym or an upper grade homework group.
Please submit your application to: email@example.com no later than August 17, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in joining our community!